Saturday, December 19, 2009

Update on "Greening Up the Shower"

I posted earlier about Greening up the Shower. Well, I overused the baking soda and dried out my hair. Then I tried to condition it with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and that was a mess. I used too much and it took days, and some regular old shampoo to get it out.
My hair has been a mess! I went "no-poo" for over a month and my hair was just a rat's nest. So, I'm back to using shampoo and being extremely unhappy with my hair.

I have also stopped using the oil cleansing method for my face. This is really due to sheer laziness. I think I'll start back up again at home. Since stopping my face has broken out like crazy! There were a few hectic weeks where I barely got a shower in, so my poor face was left untended as well. I started washing with a warm washcloth and applying lime juice to my face once at night and it is beginning to clear up. I might start using the OCM only once a week and use the lime juice daily. It's yummy, refreshing, and it smells good!

No comments:

Post a Comment